Sunday, August 26, 2007

Electric Ceiling Fan


















"Electric Ceiling Fan"

9" x 12"

Click here to purchase this painting.

To browse gift items that feature this image, Click Here.

I painted this painting, like most of my paintings, from a photograph. I was in a diner on a family vacation when I looked up and saw the ceiling fan; I thought the neon lights and the reflective colors on the glass blades were beautiful, so I took the picture. Before I painted it, I put it in photoshop and altered the colors so that the majority of the painting fell into this monochromatic viridian hue which, for some reason, seemed to match my mood at that point in time.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

and which of your moods is matched with a monochromatic viridian hue?

apathy?
disdain?
cheer?
groggy?

please elaborate in 10 words or less.

Windy Lampson said...

At least THIS person gets it.

Jeff said...

that blew my mind.

Brendy Vaughn said...

This is really nice. It's one of the first paintings that caught my attention on the Daily Painters site today. Speaking of the Daily Painters, did it take you long to get added? I e-mailed them a few weeks ago but haven't heard back.

I've been setting up still lives lately, but I've done several pastel paintings where I've used photoshop to heighten or add colors. It's a great tool.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Really nice painting, Windy! The blue mood is what grabbed my attention, plus the simplicity of the image. It's different/unusual... memorable. I like it all.