Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Stuffed Seashells

I have an announcement! Today I cooked my first meal since Jeff and I have been married. Yes, I know it has been a year... but I do have an excuse. While I was teaching, I used all of my spare time at home to paint. If I had come home after school and cooked a meal, I wouldn't have nearly as much work to put up on my website. Needless to say, Jeff and I are quite sick of macoroni and cheese, spaghetti and grilled cheese sandwiches. After an hour long trip to the grocery store (where I searched for items such as tarragon vinegar and kosher salt... things I had never heard of before), and after several phone calls to my mother and a couple of friends (how long does it take to boil a chicken?) I set to work... and this is what I made!
















In light of all the previous disasters that I had in the kitchen while cooking as a college student, I was quite pleased with myself tonight. My best friend's mother gave me the recipe and recommended that I make extra and freeze it for later. (I doubled the recipe). I also made some broccoli (it was more like a broccoli salad- I was supposed to marinate the raw broccoli, but not steam it)... Jeff wasn't as thrilled about this- apparently he's not all that into raw broccoli... but that's okay- we sent it to Erico. Anyway, it took me close to two and half hours... hopefully I'll get faster with time, however- here is a picture of me multi-tasking. (cleaning my paintbrushes while the chicken is boiling in the pot).

6 comments:

spigo said...

why is it that when people who don't cook first try to cook, they always pick something really difficult? that sounds like it was pretty elaborate, no wonder it took you 2&1/2 hours. lately, i've been focusing any cooking efforts on my grill that we got a few months ago. with gilli's help, we've come up with a pretty good recipe for some chicken fajita quesadillas. well, congrats on the shells, they look quite good. in fact, i'm a little hungry now. too bad lunch is still several hours away. thanks a lot, windy.

Windy Lampson said...

sorry glen- i'm having WAFFLES for lunch!! (sorry, even though I have them every single day... it's still exciting). I just noticed something in the bottom picture of my post- check out how the paper towel roll is actually sitting next to the empty paper towel roll on the paper towel holder thingie... how many times can i say paper towel in one sentence...

spigo said...

i use that same measuring pitcher for making pancakes.

spigo said...

are you and jeff going home to g-boro?

Windy Lampson said...

yup- I'd rather not say when though... if you know what i mean.

spigo said...

hmm. no, i don't know what you mean.